Full-Time The Office of the Millennium Challenge Nepal vacancy
The Office of the Millennium Challenge Nepal (OMCN) is an entity created through a joint initiative between the Government of Nepal and Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), a U.S. Government agency. MCC’s mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth. OMCN is currently working on projects to address the main constraints to Nepal’s economic growth—high cost of transport and inadequate supply of electricity. The Electricity Transmission Project (ETP) is being implemented in 8 major districts in Nepal for transmission line work- Dhading, Tanahu, Nuwakot, Sindhupalchowk, Nawalparasi, Makwanpur, Palpa and Chitwan. The Program is seeking professional and competent candidates to fill the following position; one for each district.
Position : Environment and Social Performance (ESP) On-site liaisons- 8 positions, one per each duty station below.
Duration : From time of hire until September 30, 2018. Duty Station : Dhading, Tanahu, Nuwakot, Sindhupalchowk, Nawalparasi, Makwanpur, Palpa & Chitwan Position : 8, one for each districts
The ESP On-Site Liaisons, under the supervision of the ESP Specialist (Environmental Coordinator), are responsible for the execution of project support activities, organizing logistical and administrative support for project activities, gathering and inputting information, and monitoring and reporting on project activities. The ESP On-Site Liaisons will be based in remote locations in project affected Districts, as identified in the duty stations above.
1. Represent OMCN at the local level, attending meetings and monitoring ESP consultants and contractor activities;
2. Coordinate ESP activities at the local level as defined by project plans ensuring that these are delivered in a timely basis to support broader project initiatives and objectives;
3. Organize logistics and administrative requirements for local ESP activities (e.g. travel, venue management, etc.) and ensure that these are delivered and that costs are controlled in line with established budgets;
4. Collect and input information for use in ESP monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities, ensuring the accuracy of data and adherence to established formats for reporting;
5. Address queries from staff and external stakeholders (e.g. partner organizations, government offices) related to the implementation of ESP activities to build an informed basis for interaction and increased efficiency in the execution of activities;
6. Maintain a calendar of ESP activities and ensure that staff and project stakeholders are
informed of upcoming deadlines and project progress against milestones to support overall project management.
1. EDUCATION: Intermediate certificate completion (+2) is required. Applicants with a University degree will be more highly rated
2. EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years of experience in community liaison activity and/or environmental, social, resettlement, health and safety performance according to international good practice standards.
3. LANGUAGE SKILL: Fluent in spoken and written Nepali; Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Knowledge of local language at districts will be an asset.
4. KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge of the local area/people in the districts applied will be an advantage.
5. SKILLS AND ABILITES: Good interpersonal and communication skills will be an asset. The ability to use windows- based computer applications will be required.
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and their resumes/CVs via email to [email protected] stating the post on the subject line and the district(s)/duty station applied for by January 15, 2018. Any questions on the process should be sent to the same email address. Applicants must detail in their cover letter and/or resume work done in or knowledge of the specific district(s) to which he/she is applying. Applicants can apply for more than one district/duty station. Only short-listed candidates, whose applications respond to the above criteria, will be contacted. Telephones enquiries will not be entertained.
Applications from women, persons with disabilities, Dalits and other disadvantaged historically underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Office of the Millennium Challenge Nepal (OMCN)
ICC Complex, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone Number: +977-1-4115844/55,
- esp mcc nepal +
How to ApplyInterested candidate can apply with required documents. Source: Kantipur
1173 total views, 3 today