Full-Time The American Embassy Vacancy
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Development Assistance Specialist.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Development Assistance Specialist, FSN — 10; FP-5
OPENING DATE: February 2, 2018
CLOSING DATE: February 23, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: This position is temporary and will not exceed 7 years from hire date (/year up to 6 extensions).
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Resident Country Director, the incumbent will manage bilateral relations between MCC and Government of Nepal (GoN) related to infrastructure development, specifically in the power and transportation sectors. The incumbent will oversee technical projects undertaken by GoN using MCC funding and will have direct technical oversight responsibility for Electric Transmission Project (ETP). The ETP includes building transmission lines and substations, and providing technical assistance to the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) and the Nepal Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC). The incumbent will oversee the activities of the technical teams at the Millennium Challenge Account-Nepal (MCA-N) on the ETP as well as serve as a primary contributor on donor coordination on the power sector in Nepal. The incumbent will also travel to construction sites around the country for technical monitoring of the projects.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or other engineering discipline is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of professional experience in managing engineering projects that involve electrical power generation, transmission or distribution is required
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
- KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Nepal’s power sector policies, policy making institutions, Nepal Electricity Authority, Independent Power Producers, and the construction industry is required. Good understanding of the factors affecting the Nepali power sector, including policy shortcomings, legal and regulatory gaps, institutional overlaps and duplications, and the political economy of the power sector is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to use Windows based computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our Internet site at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents or the application will not be considered.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174, May 2016 version) which is available on our internet site at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ or by contacting Human Resources Section at the American Embassy.
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: [email protected] (write “Application for Development Assistance Specialist” in the Subject Line). Or
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295, Kathmandu, Nepal
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Development Assistance Specialist”). For detailed vacancy announcement, please visit our website at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to ApplyInterested candidate can apply with required documents Source: Kantipur
267 total views, 2 today